In today’s modern market, there are companies who offer a wide variety of sinks that can satisfy all types of homeowners – from the modern to the more traditional types.
One such firm is Elkay Manufacturing Company which first went into operation in January 26, 1920. Today, they have a whole range of Elkay sinks that can satisfy the tastes and requirements of any discriminating homeowner and business owner. You will find some of the most stylish sinks ever made as well as the most classic sinks that have retained their style through the years. All these sinks are made of superb workmanship and quality materials. Elkay was founded by Leopold Katz and his son, Louis in Chicago, Illinois back in 1920. They went into the business of making premium quality home butler and pantry sinks at first. Now, after more than 90 years of operation, Elkay has grown into a respected industry leader in the manufacture of first class stainless steel sinks. This family business has been setting the standards of kitchen and commercial sink manufacture all these years. If you buy even one kitchen sink made by Elkay, you are buying into its many years of quality manufacturing. You are bound to enjoy the service of your kitchen sink for years to come.
Styles, Designs and Materials
In the market, you can find Elkay sinks made with different materials, designs and styles. It will not be difficult to find something that is suitable for your purpose. Here are some of them.
• Stainless Steel Sinks – this material is Elkay’s metal choice since they have been using it for almost 10 decades. It is the most convenient, most acceptable and most durable metal for kitchen sinks. Stainless steel will resist water, dirt and grime owing to its very smooth surface. It can also be designated for heavy-duty use since stainless steel is a very strong material. Elkay offers consumers the choice between a satin finish or a mirror finish. They also have different models, each with different styles that you can choose from.
They are the following:
1) The Elumina Series – these are undermount sinks in single and double bowls. There are also different sizes and shapes that will suit whatever design your kitchen has. These sinks can be fitted into any standard counter configuration or even that of a corner sink set-up. There are sinks in these series that can also be used as an island sink.
2) The Mystic Series – this is a series of undermount bar sinks available in different sizes and shapes. You can have them customized if you have a unique bar kitchen design.
3) Some of the models of Elkay sinks are available as single, double and triple bowls. You can even order for a gourmet sink if you are into serious cooking or a professional chef.
• Granite Sinks – these sinks are made of composite or molded granite. It is made up of 85% natural quartz fused with high performance acrylic resin. They are very non-porous which makes them highly resistant to stains, dirt, grime, scratches and dents. There is a wide array of styles and designs of Elkay granite sinks that you can choose from. There are the single bowls, double bowls as well as gourmet bowls. Each of these categories are subdivided into many different styles, designs and colors. In each category, there are also topmount and undermount sinks. In short, there is no shortage of style, design and even color when you are on the look-out for the right sink for your kitchen.
Advantages of Elkay Sinks
After being in business for more than 9 decades, Elkay has made innovations in their design that enabled them to stand out among their competitors. Here are some of their most notable advantages.
• Sound Mitigation – some Elkay sinks are provided with a heavy duty undercoating designed to reduce the metal noise when the sink is in use and also to minimize condensation.
• Detailed installation instruction – all Elkay sinks are provided with detailed installation instructions to ensure proper fit and problem-free and efficient operation.
• Sinks are made to last – all kitchen sinks made by Elkay are guaranteed to last
Basic Care For Your Elkay Sinks
Although these sinks are made to last, if proper care and maintenance is not observed, they will lose their original shine and will deteriorate over time. You need to take reasonable care of it on a daily basis. Here are some tips:
• Always use your sinks properly and never abuse their surfaces even if they are made of sturdy materials.
• Whether your sink has a mirror, satin, or glazed finish, don’t use abrasive materials and cleansers with harsh chemicals in cleaning them. These items will ruin the beautiful finish of your sinks.
• When cleaning, use only soft, non-abrasive cloth and mild detergents or cleansers that do not contain harsh chemicals.
• After every use, wipe the sink dry. Don’t let water and dirt stay on their surfaces more than they should. You will avoid ugly stains by doing this.